I’ve got an activity for you.
Find a mirror at home or go to the bathroom.
Read each statement out loud while looking yourself in the eyes.
Pause and take a deep breathe in between reading each statement.
Note: The book below is a great resource as well!
- I want to develop a more consistently loving and accepting relationship with myself.
- I want an increasing capacity for self-acceptance.
- I want to become the best possible friend to myself.
- I want my relationships to be based on love, respect, fairness, and mutual support.
- I want to expand into full, uninhibited self-expression.
- I want to attain the best possible physical health.
- I want to cultivate a balance of exuberance and peace.
- I want to attract to myself loving friends and loving community.
- I want increasing freedom from toxic shame.
- I want increasing freedom from unnecessary fear.
- I want rewarding and fulfilling work.
- I want a healthy amount of peace of mind, spirit, soul, and body.
- I want to increase my capacity to play and have fun.
- I want to make plenty of room for beauty and nature in my life.
- I want sufficient physical and monetary resources.
- I want a fair amount of help (self, human, or divine) to get what I need.
- I want divine love, grace, and blessing.
- I want a balance of work, play, and rest.
- I want a balance of stability and change.
- I want a balance of loving interaction and healthy self-sufficiency.
- I want full emotional expression with a balance of laughter and tears.
- I want sexual satisfaction.
- I want to express my anger in effective and nonabusive ways.
- I want all this for each and every other human being as well as myself.
Walker, Pete (2015-11-02). The Tao of Fully Feeling: Harvesting Forgiveness out of Blame (p. 56).